July 4, 2013

I Love You in All Seasons


(winter in Canberra. Photo courtesy by: @kristian hariyono putro)

I still remember the day when we first met. It was in the springtime when we met and fell in love. Everything was so beautiful. The universe seemed so kind and sweet to us. Just like the season, the flowers grow and it starts blooming. So does our hearts and love. It was in spring when we made our commitment. For nothing below the sky that can separate us. I will always be your number one and you will always be mine. For whatever happens in life, we will always stick to each other. How beautiful was the season in springtime. I can see and I can taste all the beautiful colors and sweet fragrances. Even to those that I never see in my life before. It just because I met you, and in spring we hold on to our love. Just like a poem, words can't simply describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring and nothing's more beautiful than the garden of flowers in springtime and two people falling in love.

It was in the summer time when our love grows and it getting stronger. Where the clear sky, the blazing sun and the gentle summer breeze never leave our days and us. The days were long and the joy was always there.  In summer, the song sings itself and we left the footprint of our love in that summer time. Together we explored the world. Together we adventured the ocean. From one island to another beautiful island. Together we experienced many beautiful underwater. Together we were having fun with the waves, the sea creatures and the sea currents. There was no current strong enough to throw us away. Holding hands we walked across the white sandy beaches. Holding hands we witnessed the falling stars when the night comes.  And as I have the sun of my life, I have no longer fear with the darkness.  It was not the darkness that I see during nighttime, but the beautiful shining of the moon and the stars, and they witnessed when two hearts and two souls blended into one. Yes, I still remember every moment we cherished together in the entire summer time that we had. The whole season just belong to ourselves and the stars went off like fireworks for us. In summer time, the story of our love wrote down beautifully and romantically.

If I only know that summer time is never lasting. It will always end, and the autumn starts to come. When the autumn comes, it is the time when the leaves start to change color. When the green can no longer be seen, as it turns to red, yellow and brown. In autumn, the leaves start to fall off the trees.  In autumn, the birds migrate south, moving from their beautiful summer place to another new summer place. In autumn, the sun comes out less and we no longer feel the warmth but the weather starts getting colder. And in autumn, the daylight hours are growing shorter, and the darkness night becomes longer. How I wish that we lived only in spring and summer time. How I wish there will be no autumn and winter in the journey of our love. But it was in autumn when I remember things just were not the same. It was in autumn when the tears of our love start falling down and the broken heart was there. If I only know earlier that everything will never remain the same, for everything has its own season, then I will learn to prepare my heart. I will learn to love the autumn just as I love the spring and the summer. I will learn to accept thing to change, even our commitment. For nothing's eternal. And changes could be as beautiful as the beautiful garden in springtime. A girl can look beautiful not only on her summer dress but also stunning when she bundles up with scarf and coat in winter dress. Now I realized that I should learn to take time to just sit and watch the leaves turn its color, and when it start  falling down to the earth. And let the autumn passes by too in its beautiful way.

It was on the autumn of our love, I realized that I was just as fragile as the broken glasses. It was on the autumn, I remembered I shall not living in grieve, longing for uncertain things, wonder and asking will it belongs to me or will it belongs to other, or to nobody. Chasing the sun that no longer shining up there. It was on the autumn, the universe reminded me of another dream that I once let it hidden as I busy chasing the sun and the waves in my life. It was on the autumn, I finally made a decision. It's time for me to chase that long hidden dream. But it's also time for me to learn to accept changes and to let go what should go. Learn to detach. So here I am standing alone in this wintertime. Separated by thousand miles away from the sun and the light of my life. Here I am sitting alone on long and cold winter days. Trying to understand and accept life just like the changes of the seasons. When it comes, it will come. Nothing can stop. As nothing can stop when it times to go. Season comes season goes. There goes our life. After all, what good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness? So I ask my heart again on this wintertime. How long will these loves last? Will you be the reason, the seasons or the lifetime in my life? Will the end of this season would be the end of the journey of you and I and this love. Or would be in the depth of this winter, as what happen in all winter and autumn, we can feel the bone structure the landscape on the earth, and something wait beneath, to grow and be blossom again. For now, I let it un-answered. For I also do not have the answer. For I also do not want you to answer it. Let us let this winter also passes by. Let the time heals. Let the time proves our love. Will this love last forever in all seasons. And I may hear the song of the birds again, and the sound of longing whispering that: I love you in all seasons.

(Melbourne in cold winter time)

No comments: