February 1, 2014

Melbourne Graffiti

Other than known as the most multiculturalism city in Australia, Melbourne is also famous for its street art. It even considered as one of the world's great street art capitals for its unique expressions of art, specially on approved outdoor locations. 

I've seen some of it, but the best that I can recommend you, my readers, are those in Hosier and Rutledge Lane, just at the opposite of Federation Square; Centre Place in between Collins Street and Flinders Lane; somewhere off the Little Bourke Street (Caledonian Lane and Union Lane); and nearby my favorite area in CBD where I used to have my coffee in the Degrave Street, close to Flinder Station or City Library of Melbourne. 

Of course there are some restriction, but the City of Melbourne recognizes the contribution of this street art to a vibrant urban culture. Today, this street art has become an attraction for local and overseas tourist visiting the city and its creative ambience. 

Here are some photos that I captured on those art graffiti. The last photo is actually the main entrance to an office building. I've had a chance to sneak a peek of the inside, it's beautiful office and very creative design, indeed! 





No comments: