March 18, 2013

Independently Dependent


About a week ago, I accidentally pouring boiling water from the pot onto my hand. Burn hurts! Really hurts and painful! For few days my left hand must be covered with bandage and I can not use it. I can't even do simple daily routine like putting toothpaste, button and unbutton my pants and cloths, and I can't do my paper, typing as smoothly as when I use my two hands. I feel like a handicap. I feel weak. I feel so bad that I have to rely to my husband to help me doing things that I used to do it by myself. I feel bad that I have to depend on others. Sounds very arrogant? Yes, I think so! 

Thank God that I am now getting recover. Nothing serious, only one finger need further bandaging. I just need to deal with a bit of trauma feeling when I work in the kitchen now. Well, I am just a new beginner on this kitchen's world. I still very clumsy and silly. But hope that I am getting much expert on cooking and in the kitchen soon! Who knows! :) 

So what are the lesson learned? For sure, the incident made me realized how good to be "a normal", can do various things that we sometimes just do it without being grateful, and may never appreciate ordinary things as we should have. I also further think about the disabled people, and I started admiring them. For not only they teach us how to appreciate life and "live life to the fullest" with whatever limitations we may have, but also they brave enough to admit and to ask other's help for things that they can't do. It need courages to do this, to admit that we have limitation and to admit that we need others. To depend to other people in certain areas and to some degree. We are not the wonder woman. We are not the superman. To ask someone's help without feeling hurt on your ego. To brave enough to say "Hi there, I need your help". I just feel so ashamed with myself! 

Everything happens for a reason! I take this incident as another process of my self and soul's journey. Another good lesson in my life. This incident also made me feel that I should be able to do more for those disabled people. Voicing their right more. What I suffer are nothing than those with handicaps. I may not know yet what I can do at this very moment, but I wish you and me, we can showing more respect and be more friendly with them and together we can make an easier place and playground for them. May God bless me on this and show me the way. 

No comments: