March 23, 2014

Capturing Sunset

[Photo courtesy by Gindo Sianturi]

What is in your mind when you see the beauty of Sunset? What you usually do when you see it, just stop for a minute to see it, taking photo and go? Will you wait for that moment and let your self amazed with the wonder of the nature? Or you may just ignored the scene, as it becomes your daily view and nothing seen more spectacular by your eyes?

I notice that every of us have different attitudes towards Sunset. I myself never get bored to praise the view, and every time I see Sunset I feel like that's my first time seeing it. Never get boring to enjoy it. Never get boring to take photos of it. Never get boring to even make video of it. As if, I am so afraid that there will be no Sunset can be seen during our lifetime! 

On last Summer, I enjoyed the season by visiting many different beaches surrounding Melbourne. Stayed there till the sun went down. In one of the moment at the Saint Kilda beach, I took a video of Sunset and how different people react towards this  natural beauty. Some couples (just like us) purposely came to see and enjoy the scene. Some just stopped a while to take photo. Whereas the others just walked away and don't even bother to look on it.

Here it is my (ethnographic) video showing the view and what people do when they see Sunset. How I wish that each of us could appreciate Sunset (and the Sunrise, and the Moonlight) as everyday miracles God gave us freely to our lives.


No comments: