March 4, 2015

Graduating at Melbourne






Postera Crescam Laude. "I shall grow in the esteem of future generations..." (Horace). 

December 19th, 2014. 

Another dream came true in my life. Another grateful of how good God to me and my life. 

I am now officially graduated from the University of Melbourne. No more sleepless nights. Days with anxiety and stressed with so many readings, research, and paper works. Days of procrastination that made me become a clean-addict. Oh yes! When I feel stressed with my student life and assignments, when I feel useless and dumb, when I feel "that's it! I can't do this anymore...", I stopped and let myself busy cleaning the house and stuff that I just cleaned it a few hours ago. No matter it was on the afternoon or midnight time, I'll just do the cleaning allover the house. Well, that's worked on me! Better than shopping! :)) No more sleepless nights, especially during cold winter time, which sometimes I need to drink a glass of Brandy or wine to help me to get sleep and rest. 

Despite all those difficult days and nights, being a student again, living in Melbourne, are one of the most life changing experiences in my path of life. In this city, in this country, in this situation, I become a new person. For sure, I learned a lot from the academic matters to personal and self development. In this city, I've learnt how to cook for the first time. I've learnt playing and become a Gamelan' musician for the first time which led me to play in several musical concerts in Melbourne. In this city,  I learned more about myself and teach the new me to be stronger than before. In this city, I've learnt to deal with my ego: to be humble, patient, and accept things that beyond my control. Let go things that not belong to me. Forgive the past. Forget things behind me. Learn to keep moving on. I've learnt that it is okay to work as a restaurant's waitress and cleaner in people's house. Well. There was time, especially during the first weeks and months, I keep crying inside when the night comes. I feel so ashamed with myself for doing the job considered as low class category in my culture and country. But hey! In here, that's not a bad job at all. Being a jobless, it is! It turns out that by doing these jobs, it teaches me to value and appreciate life more. 

Melbourne. University of Melbourne. Being one of the Australian Award Scholarship awardee. You've changed my life and the way I think about this world. Always, I thank You, for given me this opportunity, dear God. Now that I have completed and closing the door of this phase of life, my hope and wish are to give it back to my surroundings, community and my country. May God continue to bless and be with me, as always, on the next journey of my life. 

Autumn, March 4th, 2015.