July 22, 2009

A Sight From JW Marriot Bomb Blast

Today is my first day back to the office which is at Plaza Mutiara, an office area located on the same building with JW Marriot Hotel. I was trully blessed and lucky that I suddenly decided to take a one day leave on that black Friday, July 17th. I called my boss on Thursday evening, told him that I still need to take a rest after having my sinusitis attacked on few days before, and to get my self fit for my evening flight on its Friday to Bali. With my boss approval, so I didn't come to the office on its day.

The carnage were still glaring from the eery surroundings. Broken glasses in big chunks still littered the sideways, and here and there still spots of splattered blood. Haunting still ! Group of police officers and security guards were all over the place with stern faces. Several newsman and women added into the tense atmosphere.

I just miss so much my daily rituals, walking down slowly from my building to the Oakwood for my coffee fix at Crema. All with serenity and peace not found in other parts of town.

Now, all lost ! With the post trauma faced by some of my colleagues [having two times attacked with high explosive bomb, previously on the late of 2003], the office is now thinking to move the office to another safe area, away from these two spots of JW Marriot and Ritz Carlton.

I wonder whether those terrorist are now dancing and celebrating them selves as nothing than just murder of human lives !

No comments: