August 3, 2009

Bali Deep Blue


[Introducing Narcist Narcosist team : Retno, Hergun, and Lia :)]

[The first Mola that we saw at the Crystal Bay dive point]

[definitely not RCTI Commercial...]

[at the USS Liberty Wreck in Tulamben dive site]

[my underwater garden]

[We found the house of pygmy sea-horse in Tulamben]

Here are some photos during my weekend gateway with my buddy, Retno, on last July. We had six times dive at Tulamben [again at the USS Liberty Wreck], Nusa Penida [at Crystal Bay and PED dive point], Nusa Gede [at Toyapakeh point] and Nusa Lembongan [at Mangrove point]. All those dive points visibility were so good, 20-25m, with the air temperature around 25-27.

This visit was my first time seeing Mola, or, Ocean Sunfish. A giant fish which lives at 1,000 feet underwater, but during July to September every year, she will show up to the surface to have her "spa-treatment". Bali is well-known to have the biggest Mola in all ocean up to 3 meters long. I met her three times when I dove at Crystal Bay point at the depth of 17 meters, and the day after at the early morning at Toyapakeh point at the depth of 23 meters, and she was only about three meters away from me ! She is absolutely beautiful and elegant !

Another new experienced that I have during this gate-away, that I have my first time drift dive for 38 minutes at the speed of 4 knots. I was scared and thrilling, but it was very exciting experience !

Thanks so much to best Mola's guardian in Bali, for showing and sharing with us on those lovely Bali Deep Blue, Nicky Wirawan, and his team-mates, Asa and Pak Beddu, from Bali Marine Sport. Hope to have my another Bali Deep Blue experiences again with you, for you guys are the best !

'Till we meet again....with Mola and hopefully schools of Manta Rays ! :)

2 comments:

awi said...

wow alam bawah laut memang menakjubkan ya.
maaf aku jarang online dan blogwalking
jadi jarang berkunjung kesini

Lia Marpaung said...

its oke, awi...as long as you keep writing too :) cantiknya alam bawah laut, yg jelas membuat kita jadi ketagihan ingin selalu mengunjunginya...:)