January 26, 2012

Have A Good Attitude in Life!

"Every man/woman is handsome/beautiful. What makes him/her ugly are only his/her bad attitude and absence of manner..."

Don't you agree with the above statement???

I do! I have met, observed, and talked to many smart, success and good looking men and beautiful women around the globe! I adore some of them, but also dislike some of them!

I do adore those men/women who have empowered themselves and able to show their achievement, but also because they have shown their intellectual ability grow with maturity and empathy to others! Intellectually without empathy will only disturb your surrounding, and by the end, you bring no benefit for your community!

I have a female colleague at the office. She is proud to call herself as "an adviser and expert", but she loves to make people down by her talk and act. I think she need to advise herself more than her clients! I also witness one of professor that I know who has similar attitude! No doubt of her (technical) intellectuality, but for sure she need to develop more on building her behavior and attitude in dealing with others! It's really sad for Indonesia to have a lecture and a mentor with this kind of attitude and it just make our education system become worst! Many more out there, don't you agree?

I just hope, wish and reminding myself. As 'am now trying to go up there, empower myself, to carefully note on this. What I really want, with all the knowledge and skill that I have and will have on the future, may it brings good benefit for people surrounding me, for my society, and not become burden and problem for human lives and my community!

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. For me, this is more important than the past, education, money, circumstances, failures, success, or what people think, say, and do. It is more important than appearance, gift or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home, a relationship. But may we remember that the remarkable thing is we have choice everyday regarding what attitude we will embrace for the day! We may not be able to change our past, or the fact that some people will act in a certain way. We can't change the inevitable! The only think we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude!

I am convinced that life is 10 percents what happens to me, and 90 percents how I react to it. So it is up to us, we are in charge of our attitude!

No comments: