August 10, 2008

Closer than you [and I] think...

[This is for those who can't accept me because 'am a christian and "illegible" due to my weaknesses and self-limitation, to be your daughter in law, sister, or friend...]

You and I are actually no difference. We are all human, drawn from the same melting pot. We are all related. So why do you "judged" me ? Why do I have to judge you, and other ? 

We may have different culture, different communities, different status, different religion and belief, and of course different gender. But the difference between us is so very little when you wipe away the veneer that we all wear. 

We may wear different clothes, speak different languages, have different custom and understanding about life, but we all fall in love [at least once in your life, right ? In my case, many times....hehehe], we all want someone to hold and hug, to have a family, to be happy and successful, not to be afraid of the dark, to live a longer time, die in a good health [pleaseee God....], to be attractive and not to get fat [that's why I keep going to gym ! :)], old or sick [ohhh no....please don't...wanne be forever young..glekkk]. So, what does it matter if we wear a suit, a sari, koteka, or a grass skirt if deep down we all cry when we are hurt, laugh when we are joyful and our stomachs rumble when we are hungry? 

The veneer can be wiped away in a second, and then we all are the same, all quite lovely and quite, quite human. Yes, we are all closer than you or I think.... ! 

No comments: