April 16, 2008

I Am Still Learning

Today I met an old friend of mine, here in Makassar. Even though 'am quite often visiting this town, but due to various of reason from both side, we always post-pone our meeting...'till today. But seems that things are bit different now. With time flies by, we both are kind of a new person to each other.

He said 'am changed. I said he is changed. He said I become "too liberal". While I said, he become very fanatic. He could not accept that I married a man from what he said a "non-believer". He said I need to repent. And it means by bring my man to my "belief". He said 'am doing a biggest mistake in life. He said I crucified our God for the second time.

Then I just smiled. Like the other similar conversation that I have for these past few years, I decided to let them talked and I just listen when jumped into this kind of topic.

For those who still blame me for doing this, and said that 'am doing a mistake, let me say you this here... that to me, the biggest mistake that people make in life is NOT making a living at doing what they most enjoy. I never regret that I married a man, whom you may said from a "non-believer". He is the most important man in my current life that God gave me. My other half, and I do enjoy sharing this life together with him.

So let me, like what you said, enjoying my "mistake". And live with it. We both are still learning about this marriage life and other lesson in life. I know for sure, that my God will never leave me just because 'am married this man. My God have the most biggest heart. To understand me. And other human being. HE is there with Christian. Muslem. Budha. Hindhu. Even with those who don't believe HIM.

I know that 'am not a perfect one. Including in the way I understand this life or what God wanted me to do in my life. But in this limitation within me, I will never stop to keep learning ...even about things that I do not know or [still] can not do. Pablo Picasso said that, " I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it".

So my friend, I am glad that we finally met today. Our meeting reminds me again that I still need to learn more about so many things in life. Including to understand our self and other people. Our thinking, what other people's think about us. What to do. How to do.

Life is so precious !


5 comments:

Stella Aleida Hutagalung said...

Pengen meluk dirimu Li setelah baca posting ini. Memang kita harus lebih kuat, terutama karna akan masih banyak orang yang akan mencemooh kita seakan kita pendosa besar. Tapi yakinlah, spt kata Bang Martin, kasih dan rahmat Tuhan melebihi segala batas, termasuk kotak-kotak agama. Dia lebih besar dari pikiran-pikiran sempit manusia yang menganggap harus membela Tuhan. Spt kata Gus Dus: "Tuhan gak perlu dibela kok":)

JR said...

Gue percaya Tuhan emang udah menentukan demikian, dan di balik 'perbedaan' ini Dia udah merancang hal yang lebih indah lagi buat lo berdua. Pasti ada tujuannya kan Dia mempersatukan kalian? Dan itu pasti baik :)

Jangan pernah mikir itu sebagai kesalahan, karena itu adalah berkat.. GBU Li..

Lia Marpaung said...

Thanks a lot for the encouragement, tella and joyce. Kata2 bang Martin memang selalu penjadi penguat gw saat harus menghadapi comment2 negatif dari orang lain....dan gw sll percaya bila Tuhan mengijinkan gw menjalani semua ini, DIA juga pasti punya maksud indah buat kita berdua.

Love you girls ! :-)

Anonymous said...

Biarkan kunikmati kesalahanku. Ini benar-benar sebuah kemewahan di tengah-tengah bangsa ini. Terlalu protektif, akhirnya tanpa sadar menjajah.

Dilematis. Harus kita akui dengan jujur, banyak juga perhatian itu yang jujur dan tulus; tapi tentu komentarnya terasa seperti menggugat dan memvonis. Bolehkah kita defensif ?

Horas Ito, salam kenal. Aku juga juga punya kegelisahan yang sama, meski jalan hidupnya berbeda. Senang menemukan blog ini dan menyapa orang yang tangguh seperti Ito.

Salam Merdeka
Robert Manurung-Jakarta
http://ayomerdeka.wordpress.com/

Lia Marpaung said...

horas juga ito robert....salam kenal dan terimakasih untuk berkenan mengunjungi "rumah" saya...dan jg untuk supportnya....semoga kita semua meraih "hikmat" dalam proses pembelajaran kehidupan dan dapat membuat dunia menjadi lebih baik...tanpa merasa perlu harus merasa "benar" sendiri....