April 27, 2008

Our Loving Fathers, Our Hero...

Not only as a best friend to each other, but many times there are many similarities between my self and Stella. Also about how we both admiring our daddies, and the fact that today we both have to accept that our dads are getting weaker and they have health problem as they are getting older. Another similarity, that both of our dads are Bataknese and just celebrated their 70 y.o. on last December 2007. And we both are always get panic and stress whenever our dads have to be hospitalized or do some emergency health exam. I believe that not only me, but also to my friend, Stella, that we never want to loose our dads... and it is difficult for us to accept the fact that our dads are getting older and older ... their health getting worsen than before, and we are now seems like running with time to do our best for our dads....to make them happy while we can, to make them proud with us.... 

My father is suffered with diabetes and hyper tension. Last year, he was hospitalized for more than 3 times. But today he looks much better. While Stella's father are suffered from kidney problem, and now everyday in his life he has to clean his blood with machine. This must be not only difficult for him, but also to Stella. When I visited him last night, my eyes swell with tears when I saw him lying down on his bed. He is so much different than the last time when I met him during Stella's engagement day on last July 2007 [I wrote about how I admired Stella's dad on my last blog here]. But despite his weakness, I also saw his big heart and spirit that still alive within him. He told me last night that he still want to write more poems [he is a poet]. He gave me his book of poetry wrote by him. And on the cover page, he specially wrote for me, "Untuk terkasih Lia boru Marpaung. Kami hanya menyumbang setepek batu untuk membangun sebuah tugu". I read all his poems with tears as I was very touched with what he wrote it there. So beautiful poems, and made by a man that not only wise but also have a big heart ! 

On one of his poem, he wrote about how much he miss the house of God. Because of his illness, now he can't go to the church anymore. But he is missing badly to go there and how much he want to go there again, even if its only at the ground of the church.  I feel ashamed with my self when heard him saying this, how bad I am,  a person who always have many excuses for not attending Sunday's service at church ! 

Being with Stella's dad last night, it turns to made me feel missing my dad too. I feel like want to run away to my own dad, and telling him how much I love him ! Not like Stella' dad who can express his feeling thru poem, my dad is a kind of person whom are not easy to express his own feeling even to his own children. He was a soldier, and get used with military's style. But with his own way, we still can always feel his love for us. Specially to me. Since childhood 'till I turned into working life, it was my father that always drove me from home to school and to the office. Even when I already have my own driver, many times he spent his time to pick me up from everywhere. Especially when its night time! I also still remember when I was about 17 y.o. and attended my first time disco party at a friend's house. My father was waiting for me at the outside of my friend's house... bite by mosquito, patiently waiting 'till I finished the party!  When I was living in Papua [and I already got married on that time], he never forget to call me, almost everyday, just to make sure that 'am just fine ! He even call me more often than my hubby ! :) 

So here is for my loving father. That as children, calling you "Daddy" was something that I did naturally. As adult, calling you "Daddy" is something that I did with pride. Even though I can not always be together everyday with you, but hope that you will always know, whatever I do, wherever I go, there is one thing that I will never outgrow, and that is my love for you, beloved dad !

My dear God, pleaseeee,..... bless my dad. Stella's dad. Let them have a good health. A happy life on their old age. And have a mercy on us, bless us too, dear God. So that we can make our fathers happy and proud with our presence. 

4 comments:

* gita * said...

Hi Lia, gue udah denger sih tentang keadaan Papanya Stella, tapi jadi ikut tambah sedih pas baca tentang puisinya. Mudah2an semua baik-baik aja. The same goes to your father too, Li.

Kalo gue, sekarang sering banget kangen sama bokap but I just can't do anything. How I miss him badly and want to share the world I'm living now with him. Kadang kangen juga diskusi dengan dia dan minta pendapatnya. Kalo udah gitu gue cuma bisa nangis, menangisi rasa kangen ini, bukan menangisi ketidakhadirannya. Kadang gue berdoa supaya bisa mimpi ketemu dia dan ngobrol bareng...

Bless our dads, Lia. Hope all is well with them, wherever they are.

Stella Aleida Hutagalung said...

Aduh Li,aku juga nangis pas baca tulisanmu. Makasih ya Li for ur love, for ur pray. Makasih juga udah mau jenguk papa sama-sama Greta. Papa tambah semangat apalagi tahu kalau ada yang suka dengan puisinya:) Memang hampir semua sendu, makanya aku hanya kuat baca sekali..
Pengen bisa nulis untuk papa tapi belum punya kekuatan untuk tidak nangis. Tapi senang lihat papa yang selalu semangat ngobrol kalau ada tamu menjenguk. Salam buat papamu juga ya Li. Titip peluk cium. Aku selalu senang kalau bisa kenal keluarga temanku, termasuk alm papanya Gita. Dia pasti bisa melihat dari tempatnya, Git. Dia ada di hatimu.. Love U all.

Anonymous said...

Lia darling, gue nangis nih bacanya. Apalagi hari ini "dihantui" lagu "the living years" I miss my dad too (and today I promise I will call my parents more often). Hopefully someday I can meet your dad. God bless your dad and you too! Be strong! Love you sis xxx

Lia Marpaung said...

thanks, ijul darlin. and am so glad that you finally made a promise to call your parents often....hmm, i miss the other night while we were still in jayapura and discussed about this parent's issue....selagi masih ada waktu dan kesempatan bagi kita untuk memberikan yang terbaik buat mereka....hugs, darlin !