April 15, 2008

Return To My Element


After few months never do any sea-sport, so last week-end together with my hubby we went to Putri Island. This island is one island between many of "thousand islands" off North Jakarta. In bahasa it called "Kepulauan Seribu" [or the thousand islands] which is a group of small island scattered in the bay of Jakarta. It said that this thousand islands actually have about 11o islands. 

We departed from Marina Ancol on  Saturday early morning. By speed boat, it took 1.5 hours to go to Putri Island. Like the other island, Putri island offers sandy beach and crystal clear water all around. Other than nice wooden resort, they also have a mini sea-world on their restaurant and lobby, and an outdoor aquarium and a glass tunnel inside. There are more than 10 baby sharks on its mini sea-world. Without current like in their real home at the ocean, they must never stop swimming to get oxygen ! I feel sorry and somehow can feel that they must feel depressed. 

Together with some other new friends, I went for four times dive in that two short days. We went for dive to the nearby islands [Pemagaran and Tongkeng island]. This time I finally dive into 21m depth. [Normally I can only went to max 15m depth !] Even though can't compare to Papua [of course laaah !], but the islands also have their own beauty. I can see a small turtle, stingrays, lion fish, sea horses, colorful nudy-brand and some more. 

Whenever I dive into the deep, I feel not only excited but also bit scared with its mystery. But when 'am not in there, always have a strong feeling to return again to its mystery and its beauty of the underwater world. 

So yesss.... I feel alive when I return back to my element....to the blue ocean ! Can't stop admiring God for HIS beautiful art ! 


No comments: