June 20, 2008

[Still about] Fear and Learn to Detach


At 2 am mid, my sister sent me a text message and said that my dad was brought to hospital again after went home for almost a week. As always, we all panic and scared. It almost morning when we all finally can go home and start to sleep. But definitely I can't go sleep well, for so many thought, fear and worry across my mind plus the bad dreams...

Then my "namboru" [my dad's younger sister] was calling me this early morning when I just thought I can finally have a good sleep. She was crying knowing what happened last night to my dad. We talked about it and other matter, till she finally told me to learn to "release" and pray for the best for my dad. 

Detach....learn to detach, that's what she asked me. That's what my elder brother and sister have asked me the other day too.  That is not that easy, right ? Especially to those who are so close with you, someone who are very dear to you. When they told me this, I almost can't say a word for only tears falling down. Where "Hope and Faith" are flying away this time ? Still it is so hard to accept the fact,  that those illnesses suffered by my dad are perhaps a sign that his journey may not be much longer, that there is only so much sunshine left in the day, emotionally it is really harder to get prepared for the twilight, for this fact. I have lost my mom for almost five years ago, but still difficult to accept on how things will be done without her, or when my dad won't be with us again...

There are still so many thing that I want to share with my old-man. So many talks that I still want to have with him, for I still need for his guidance, and for I feel that he has not complete it yet in teaching me this lesson of life...

3 comments:

JR said...

Still believe that whatever happen in our life is always in His supervision.. No matter how hard it is, He is always stands beside you. All you can do is just hold Him tight..

Stella Aleida Hutagalung said...

Li, si Papi kenapa lagi? Pas hari Sabtu kita ngobrol di telp malah aku gak sempat nanya keadaan Papi. My pray for him. Take care.

Lia Marpaung said...

hikss...thanks ya joyce...hari2 ini belakangan ini kok gw merasa waktu berjalan sangat2 cepat yaa....seperti baru kemaren gw jd 'dad's little girl' yang diantar kesana-kemari....but now, he won't be able to do it anymore and i've been forced to see another him as human being with all our limitation...terkadang ini yg terasa berat dan susah [gw] terima....

tella, yach nampaknya papi masih belum benar2 membaik kondisinya....shg msh hrs bolak-balik rumah sakit....