June 27, 2008

Encouraging Response From Grand Mercure Hotel in Yogyakarta


Related to my previous post about my disappointment with the service of Grand Mercure Hotel in Yogyakarta, so during my check-out at the hotel, I met one of the manager, Bapak Dodit Hapsoro. He came to me, gave an explanation and apologize for the inconvenient that my hubby and I experienced during our stay at the hotel. I appreciated with his seriousness in [finally] taking care and responding to their customer's complaint and needs. They also sent me this below  apology email with a promise that they will upgrade a room for us whenever we visit the hotel again :) 

So, case closed ! And I am hoping that my hubby and I can still be a loyal customer for Grand Mercure in Yogya as we are for the Majapahit Hotel in Surabaya....:) 

--- On Tue, 6/24/08, Dodit wrote: From: Dodit
Subject: Grand Mercure Yogyakarta / Your last stay
To: lia_rina_marpaung@yahoo.com
Cc: "Chief Engineering" , "Director Of sales" , General Manager" , "Front Ofice manager" , "Executive Housekeeper"

Dear Ibu Lia,
 
Warm greetings from Grand Mercure Yogyakarta !

Following your comment and our  conversation during your check out on June 24, 2008, I was quite disappointed to know about the problems associated with your recent stay with us.  There is simply no excuse for the many and varied failures on our part. It appears that you did catch us at our worst, and for that I deeply apologize. We have taken note of your displeasure with the AC noise outside of your room as well as the poor assistance from our staff on this matter. Rest assured that I shared your comments with our department head concerned and immediate steps have been taken to ensure no further reoccurrence. I am sure you recognize that your most recent experience is not typical of our usual high level of service. It is a great disappointment to me whenever we fail, but it is of particular concern to let down a valued guest.


Thank you once again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests. If there is anything else we can do to make your next visit a more comfortable and happy one, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as  I will be happy to extend you a  room upgrade to the next category booked for your next visit.


Meanwhile, I remain at your disposal for any further information you may require.


Very best regards,
 
Dodit Hapsoro
Room Division Manager
Grand Mercure Yogyakarta
Jl. Jendral Sudirman No. 9 
Yogyakarta 55223
Indonesia

No comments: